- I have recently discovered that Häagen-Dazs has the best ice cream. I’m not usually a fan of strawberry, but theirs tastes just like strawberries and cream with real fruit! And their White Chocolate Raspberry flavor? YUM.
- I just love the Thought Catalog. Especially because a significant portion of their articles are lists and I have a short attention span and lists are optimal. I especially enjoyed this list this week.
- I’m a busy, busy girl. Especially with all this singing back in my life! I have lots of rehearsals and performances with Chorale, and I took up a (PAID!) singing gig for a Jewish Temple. I’m miraculously free for all the performance dates and I’ve never been paid to sing before, so I’m extra excited for some cash for Christmas presents!
- My man got a PS4, and I’m loving it. He can stream anything while he plays it, so I can watch him play through single-player games for the story even when we can’t see each other that day. It’s pretty cool.
- This ending week or two of November really snuck up on me. Thanksgiving is next week? I have two performances this weekend? BLACK FRIDAY??? Not even to mention the end of the semester! Things are all wrapping up and getting exciting and I love the holidays.
- I’ll say it again: I love the holidays. I get to give my favorite people awesome things! And eat a ton of yummy food! What could be better? (What could be better would be working for a company that believes in family and common decency and doesn’t make me wait tables on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day).
- December 1st means kicking my butt into gear. I just ordered my upgrade to the FitBit Force, and even though it’s on back-order and I won’t get it till the 20th, I really need to give any sort of New Year’s Resolution of getting back into being super healthy a head start.
- I love subscription boxes. I currently get Birchbox and BeautyArmy, but I’m planning to drop one of those to sign up for the POPsugar Must Have box instead. I love how Beauty Army lets me decide to skip a month if I don’t like the samples I’m given to choose from. This month’s Birchbox was really disappointing. Seriously. I got a CC cream that’s too dark for me (I haven’t received a sample of face makeup that’s actually light enough for me from them yet), a sample shampoo and conditioner, a face highlighter pen that’s too dark to actually highlight anything on me, and a teeny tiny chocolate and coconut covered pretzel that I’m allergic to (and also don’t like coconut). I keep wanting to quit Birchbox, but their samples aren’t usually as disappointing as this month’s, and their points system is awesome (straight-up cash for reviews? Awesome! This is something I really wish Beauty Army would implement as well.).